A big part of my job is social media, I’m always scrolling on Instagram, looking up inspiration on Pinterest, other blogs and even in my free time, browsing youtube. Some days, I find myself thinking that my life is just so flat and boring, that I don’t have enough clothes, I don’t travel, that my work would be so much easier if I didn’t have kids, it gets me in such a bad mood event though I know that what we see on social medias is not really what people lives are. But unfortunately it’s a basic humain trait to compare ourselves to others and it can be so depressing.I mean, you probably look at my feed and think ” Wow she has such a perfect little family and her life must be so exiting!” but let me tell you sister, it’s not that exiting!For example those picture that you are seing on this post, that me and my daughter look like we are having so much fun… well it took 1000 tries to get the right shots because my daughter didn’t feel like taking pictures this day, as always, and was running away every 5 seconds. That’s reality.
So whenever I feel down or envious,I stop looking at my social medias and I make a list of the things I’m grateful for. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have this life and all the thing I own, instead of focusing on the thing I don’t have.
So here are the top things I am grateful for in my life:
- Having two beautiful, healthy and amazing children.
- Waking up every morning, healthy and happy.
- Being with a wonderful man who believes in me and my dreams and supports me 110%.
- Having a very supportive family.
- Being able to work from home and spending time with my children and watching them grow.
- To have worked with so many great brands that believe in my talents, so soon in my blogging carrer.
- Being able to afford all my blogging equipement to create great content.
- Doing job that I truly love.
- My walk in closet. ( Its silly, but still a thing I am grateful for!)
Those are a few of the thing I usually write down, try it and you will see that the more you write the more you realize that your life is great and that you don’t have to envy others.We all have problems, all of us but in those darker moments we have to focus on all the great thing that we already have and it makes us feel so much better.
But remember, it’s ok to feel envious, or sad sometimes. They are normal humain emotions, but learning to deal with them is the best way to get through.
What is the thing you are the most grateful for in life?